Who We Are
ThomasLloyd is a leading independent asset manager and impact investor with first-hand experience in managing complex infrastructure projects in high growth and emerging markets across the full project lifecycle. Headquartered in Zurich and with over 250 employees in 16 locations in North America, Europe and Asia, the company has raised over USD 1.7 billion of aggregate capital to date in sustainable infrastructure for a broad range of private and institutional investors around the world.
In this role you will work closely with senior management, the investment teams and portfolio companies to affect change and influence a growing integrated approach to sustainability. Responsibilities include:
- Enhance and oversee implementation of the ThomasLloyd ESG strategy and framework,
- Improve existing policies, data collection and reporting processes;
- Assess and manage ESG risks and opportunities across the investment process lifecycle, from pre-investment due diligence to ownership and exit of portfolio companies;
- Identify new opportunities and initiatives for managing emerging risks and use them to improve investment processes and as relates to both portfolio and asset levels;
- Support the investment portfolio entities to advance their sustainability strategies, set and meet targets and provide technical guidance and support through coaching and sharing of best practice;
- Participate and contribute to ESG thought development through forums such as regulatory and industry bodies;
- Provide ESG performance insights to investor relations colleagues and take responsibility for external ESG reporting and compliance with the relevant regulatory and reporting frameworks;
- Work closely with senior management to advise on relevant ESG metrics and targets for inclusion in annual appraisal processes;
- As the ThomasLloyd ESG expert, you will lead the ESG knowledge base across the group, advise on regulatory and industry developments and shape an enterprise approach to ESG.
This role will be based in either Zurich or London.
Key Success Criteria
- Deep experience of ESG strategy development, implementation and external reporting gained in the Investment Management industry.
- Ability to integrate ESG factors into investment and business analysis and decisions.
- Strong communication and analytical skills to use data to highlight trends and communicate important messages.
- Ability to think in a commercial, creative and pragmatic way.
- Existing exposure to real assets and emerging markets.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Critical Thinker
- Strategic Agility
- Commercial Approach
- Drive for Results
- Cross Group Collaboration
- We are pioneers in our field
- We are passionate about what we do
- We are driven by performance
- We are lifelong learners
- We take initiative and own the outcome